Home-cooked meals are always great. But with so many things we have to do and think about within the work week, it is so tempting to just buy cooked food through food delivery services Honestbee and Grab Food. These great services are making our lives in the metro a lot easier.
Unfortunately, as of the moment, Honestbee paused it’s service. You may read the report here: Honestbee ‘on pause,’ says will be right back. I was really quite surprised that this happens. As an avid user of this app, it really saddens me.
If you don’t want to use food delivery services, you can also dine outside and free yourself from washing the dishes and cleaning your tables.
While buying cooked meals or dining outside is easy, it is not an awesome idea if you are on a tight budget. Plus, it can be an unhealthy option too if you do it in a daily basis.
So, okay, let’s give home cooking a chance. Let me share this 5 quick and easy chicken recipes that busy people can easily cook in 30 minutes or less. These are my personal recipes and my faves as well. The recipes do not take much time to cook, there are less chopping, and they are delish as well. But of course, our preference is different. Maybe you can tweak these recipes and make these suit your taste and style.
Chicken Adobo with Sprite
To start the list, we have chicken adobo with. I’m sure adobo did not come as a surprise, right?
Like most adobo recipe, chicken adobo has soy sauce and vinegar. Some people would add a little sugar. As an alternative, you may use pineapple juice to sweeten things up. You can also use soda like Sprite, which is what I used in this recipe. No need to add water here, by the way.
The tamad version of cooking adobo does not require your full attention in cooking. So what you can do is just prepare everything and let it cooked while you can do other stuff like take a bath, clean the house, take care of your kids, play with your pet, etc.
- Chicken (1/2 kilo), adobo or asado cut
- Soy sauce (approx. 1/2 cup)
- Vinegar (approx. 5 tablespoon)
- Sprite (2 cups)
- bay leaves
- whole peppercorn
- crushed garlic cloves
- Put the chicken in the pot.
- Add all the ingredients and mix it well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until chicken is tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Don’t forget to mix it once in a while.
- Adjust the taste when needed.
Creamy Chicken Leg Quarter
This is a rich and tasty chicken recipe loaded with butter and cream.
Serve it with lemon slice and squeeze it before eating.
- Chicken leg quarter
- 1/1/2 to 2 butter sticks
- 3 tablespoon of rice wine (I used Mizkan)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose cream
- beans and chopped carrots
- salt and pepper.
- Season the chick with salt and pepper
- Melt the butter on the pan.
- Cook both sides of the chicken in the butter, approximately 10 minutes each side in medium heat.
- Add the veggies when the chicken is almost cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked and veggies are tender, removed them from the pan.
- Reduce the heat. Add the rice wine and all-purpose cream to the butter. Mix them well.
- Add a little salt and black pepper.
- Add back the chicken and coat it with the sauce.
Breaded Chicken Pops
This is very easy yet delicious chicken recipe. You’ll only need few ingredients. I bet kids would enjoy this as well.
The only downside is you can’t leave it while cooking unless you want to eat burnt chicken pops for dinner.
As dip, I use Kewpie mayonnaise. Unlike other mayonnaise in the market, this Japanese mayo does not have that overpowering sour and sweet taste.
- 2 Boneless chicken breast, sliced in bite size
- Panko bread crumbs (other breads will do but choose the flaky type)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Put the flour on the plate and add a little salt.
- Coat the chicken slices with the flour.
- Dip the coated chicken into the egg.
- Roll the chicken into the bread crumbs. Make sure it is well coated.
- Heat oil in a large pan or pot.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown
Lemon Butter Chicken
Simple and quick recipe. It only requires a handful of ingredients and it does not require a long preparation.
- 1/2 kilo chicken
- 1 1/2 butter stick
- 1/4 lemon juice
- Crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter on a pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put chicken into the pan with garlic.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Cook both sides of the chicken until tender.
- You can add some veggies on the side while chicken is cooking.
Fried Chicken with Garlic Dip
Fried chicken always have a special place in my heart – and I am sure, in yours too. There is nothing fancy in this recipe.
For a tastier breading mix, just use a store-bought Crispy Fry .
The procedure is so simple that you can close your eyes while doing this. So, just coat the chicken with the breading and mix. And deep fry it in medium heat.
For the garlic dip, you just need the following ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 – 5 tablespoon vinegar (alternatively, you can use lemon juice here)
- approximately, 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Just mix all the ingredients together and adjust the taste according to preference.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. If you have some easy chicken recipes to share for busy people in the metro, feel free to comment below.
If you like this post, share the love, share it to your friends. Thank you!