Finally, there is a quick and easy way to cook crispy pata. In just matter of minutes, you can enjoy that finger-licking good pata with crispy skin but succulent and tender meat in the inside.
Simply buy the ready-to-cook crispy pata from Fresh Options for P324.75 and deep fry it for less than 30 minutes! Spend few minutes more to prepare the dip. And that’s it! It is ready to serve. You can enjoy this delicious pinoy all-time-favorite any time of the day.
If not served as pulutan, this mouth-watering dish is perfectly served with rice. Yeah, lots of rice, I should say. You can serve it with toyo-suka combo dipping sauce but you can also use Mang Tomas.
Crispy pata is quite a long and laborious process. You typically have to spend hours in boiling the pork leg. Then, letting it dry and freezing it overnight before deep frying it.
To achieve a crispier meat, some would splash water during the frying process, which can be a little dangerous.
However, instead of frying, for a safer option, you may bake it in the oven.
How to cook crispy pata the traditional way
- Pork pata or pork leg
- 3 to 4 bay leaves
- 250 ml soda
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves or garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- Scar or poke the pork’s skin with knife.
- In a large deep pot, place the meat with the bay leaves, peppercorn, soda and salt. Add water and make sure the entire meat is covered.
- Cook the meat for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender. But make sure that the meat is not falling off.
- Remove the meat from the heat and let it dry. Tap with paper towels.
- Rub the meat with generous amount of salt.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the fridge.
- In a fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat a good amount of oil. Make sure that it will submerge the meat or at least half of it.
- Fry both sides of the pata to achieve the crispiness.
- Remove the pata and pat dry with paper towels.
Toyo-suka dipping sauce
- Mix the soy sauce and vinegar.
- Add the chopped onions, minced garlic and sugar
With ready-to-cook crispy pata from Fresh Options, you get to skip several steps of these process. You can immediately fry the pata. Within an hour or so, you can enjoy a delicious and crispy pork meat.