Going low carb doesn’t mean you have to deny yourself from delicious food like pizza and brownies. You still can get to enjoy them – less the guilt – but you have to check the ingredients and the calories. Sometimes, you may need to substitute them with better and healthier options.
One slice of a regular crust, 12″ medium sized pizza with cheese and tomato sauce only, is around 212 calories. (Source: Caloriescount.com)
For chocolate brownies, according to Nutritionix.com, a medium brownie (50g) is equivalent to 233 calories.
By just eating one pizza and one brownie, you’ve used up almost 25% of the 2,000 calorie requirement for an average woman.
I am not your average woman though. I am a diabetic woman. That means, I have to be careful in what I eat.
My doctor placed me on 16-hour fasting. You can read more of that story in my previous post: COVID-19 Food Diary: Going Low Carb and Doing Intermittent Fasting
Aside from fasting, what I also do is to stay away from certain products that I realized I do not respond very well.
Sugar is one because too much of it cause me headaches. When I say sugar, that includes chocolates, cakes, ice cream, brownies, soda, certain coffee and all of those nice stuff. They used to be my favorite but I have to let them go.
Rice converts to sugar too. Though my doctor didn’t really told me to stop eating rice, I decided to do so. Honestly, that decision of eliminating rice on my diet helped me lower my blood sugar in just few months.
Another product that I have to stay away from is regular milk, which triggers my migraine. Thus, I learned to use almond milk. I don’t love the taste when I drink it by itself but it is a good ingredient replacement especially when I create my iced coffee or make some chia champorado.
Keto Pizza from FK Keto Infinite
You have the option of buying a regular pizza and consume 200+ calories per slice. Or you can purchase from specialty store like the FK Keto Infinite that offers keto pizza.
FK Keto Infinite supplies highly quality Keto Frozen Products, Keto Bakery Products, Keto Ice Cream, Keto Essential Products and Keto Drinks.
They are selling both cooked and raw pizza.
Recently, I purchased their 9″ Overloaded Pizza for P470, which is truly delicious. I enjoy all that pizza goodness without feeling guilty at all.
According to their Nutrition Facts, each slice contains 161 calories.
The ingredients are: coconut flour, psyllium husk, himalayan salt, coconut oil, mozzarella cheese, stevia, eggs, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, white onion, ham, bacon, mushroom, beef, chili powder, chili flakes
Other pizza choices include:
- Bacon & Cheese Pizza
- Ham & Cheese Pizza
- Beef, Mushroom & Cheese Pizza
- Bacon Mushroom & Cheese Pizza
- Bacon, Beef & Cheese Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza
FK Keto Infinite Philippines
Address: 207 Shoe Ave, Sto. Niño, Marikina City, 1800 Metro Manila, Philippines
Couple of days ago, I had this craving for brownies. Though I have the option to buy I decided to create one with my available ingredients.
The key ingredients? Camote or sweet potato.
I already have boiled camote. All I need to do was mashed it finely using fork.
- boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- coco powder
- Nestle cream
- keto-approved chocolate (I used Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate)
For the sweet potato mixture
- Prepare the sweet potatoes. Make sure they are boiled until very soft and mashed them. I just used fork. 3 medium sized camote can probably make more than a cup.
- Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- Add around 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- For about 1-2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes, you can add approximately 1 tablespoon of stevia. You can add more if needed.
- Add melted butter. Approximately 2 tablespoon.
- Add around 3 tablespoon of nestle cream.
- Add chopped walnuts.
- You can mix it by hand. It would be easier if you have a mixer.
- Place the mixture in a container.
- You can heat it over stove or bake it for few minutes.
- Once done, top it with ganache and walnuts.
- Slize into bite size.
For the ganache
- Mix around a cup of the dark chocolate with a tablespoon of stevia, 1 tablespoon of butter, and a cup of cream.
- Melt them in low to medium heat. I used a glass and place it on top of boiling water until the mixture dissolves. You can use a microwave to do this too.
Can you tell I used camote here?
Do you have a recipe that you wish to share? I’d love to know so I can try it too.